The Art of Assertiveness
The Art of Assertiveness in Business Communication
Assertiveness can be an area which is challenged on a daily basis in the workplace, sometimes without us even knowing it. Dealing with it is an essential business communication skill.
As individuals, many of us have an uncomfortable relationship with assertiveness and tend to fluctuate between extreme experiences with it. Either we do not enjoy applying it or we are overzealous in our use of it and create conflict or tensions with those around us in our business communication. Finding that precious balance takes an experienced and knowledgeable approach, an area in which Speak Easy Facilitators is highly skilled.
The Importance of Assertiveness for Business Communication
What we do know is that businesses where staff members do not have a healthy relationship with assertiveness, especially in terms of the office culture, can incur the long-term expense of it. Staff can hinder operations and take a lot of valuable time from us as managers, as well as create problems within the team dynamics, and ultimately impact the performance delivery and our relationships with clients.
By the same token, clients or stakeholders may follow a similar pattern – both to the ultimate detriment of the business and therefore the value that the business provides.
The “Art of Assertiveness” workshop will address the following:
- How to assess the different types of assertiveness
- How to assess the appropriate contexts and times to be assertive
- How to identify the inconsistencies in our businesses that are contributing to a culture of poor assertiveness
- Defining healthy boundaries of assertiveness for the team
- Assess our personal areas of weakness when applying assertiveness in our business communication
- Provide steps to assist us in creating balanced assertiveness
- All workshops are practical and interactive, including hand-outs and workshop materials. Workshops take place on client’s premises during office hours.
Who should attend: Applicable to all staff levels
Times: 08h30 – 12h30 or 12h30 – 16h30 (4 hours)
Numbers: Maximum 15 staff members
Terms & conditions applicable on confirmation of workshops
Speak Easy FacilitatorsSkype: marisa.sarfatti
- Customer Service Training: Going the Extra Mile
- The Art of Email Etiquette
- Corporate Training: Giving and Receiving Criticism
- Constructive Confrontation vs. Conflict
- The Art of Dealing with Difficult Customers
- The Art of Money Talk
- The Art of Delegation
- The Art of Assertiveness
- Woman’s World- Lean In
- Like Chocolate for Change
- Positive Language Workshop
- The Golden Art of Listening and Ego Management
Sign up to our Newsletter