Constructive Confrontation vs. Conflict
We’ve all had conflicts in the workplace and we’ve all seen The Fall Out! Confrontation that is handled poorly can result in the accumulation of resentment between colleagues, a lack of co-operation and unnecessary staff turnover if staff members do not have the communications skills to be able to handle potential conflicts constructively. All of these factors will impact directly and noticeably on the customer and the quality of service they are receiving, and affect your business bottom line.
The question we are often asked is how do we avoid confrontation? And if we can’t avoid it, how do we stop the confrontations from becoming hostile and damaging?
Artful Communications Skills In Moments of Conflict
While confrontations are a part of our daily working life, they need not affect the entire office environment, our own personal relationships with colleagues or spill over into our dealings with the customer. We will address how to turn our inevitable conflicts into constructive confrontations by enhancing communications skills and creating an environment that is conducive to constructive feedback.
This workshop will be looking at techniques that address the following:
- The differences in confronting a customer and a colleague and the respective communications skills required to manage the situations
- Procrastination & avoidance of confrontation
- Addressing the small issues upfront
- Managing confrontation when it does arise
- Turning conflict into a productive situation
- Listening skills and managing your personal triggers in confrontation
- Addressing money matters to do with conflict
- Language choice and vocal dynamics
- How to find the opportunities in our conflicts
- Choosing the right approach and attitude
All workshops are practical and interactive, including hand-outs and workshop materials. Workshops take place on client’s premises during office hours.
Who should attend: Management, supervisors and team leaders
Times: 08h30 – 12h30 or 12h30 – 16h30 (4 hours)
Numbers: Maximum 15 staff members
Terms & conditions applicable on confirmation of workshops
Speak Easy FacilitatorsSkype: marisa.sarfatti
- Customer Service Training: Going the Extra Mile
- The Art of Email Etiquette
- Corporate Training: Giving and Receiving Criticism
- Constructive Confrontation vs. Conflict
- The Art of Dealing with Difficult Customers
- The Art of Money Talk
- The Art of Delegation
- The Art of Assertiveness
- Woman’s World- Lean In
- Like Chocolate for Change
- Positive Language Workshop
- The Golden Art of Listening and Ego Management
Sign up to our Newseltter
The communications workshop was very nicely outlined and a knowledgeable session. Very well presented by the facilitator too.
Captain Sumeet Bhardwaj
MOL South Africa (Pty)Ltd